September 2021 Update
Welcome to Learn To Ride, exclusively at Classic Harley-Davidson!
Classic Harley-Davidson has been promoting rider safety by offering a riding program to the community for the last 23 years. In order for Classic Harley-Davidson to offer a free-licensing course, we must have a contract with PennDOT. That contract had been cancelled last year during the pandemic and we are anticipating getting our contract back at the end of July. Now as of August 2021, Classic Harley-Davidson has partnered with American Motorcycle Training (AMT) a third party motorcycle training provider. AMT was awarded a contract with PennDOT and Classic will be one of their locations to offer free motorcycle licensing courses.
We are working as fast as we can to get this program up and running. Here at Classic we want to ensure YOU have the best possible experience. Over 925 new riders are itching to learn how to ride, including you, and because of that we are spending some time upgrading our equipment and facilities so your class is memorable. Upgrades include classroom technology, additional motorcycles for students, repaving of our training lot, repainting of the riding course, additional coaches, and online registration. The timeframe for these new additions and upgrades to our riding program may run through the end of the season which would allow us to be ready to rock n’ roll in the Spring of 2022.
To ensure the most up-to-date information on the riding program, join our Learn To Ride communication list. Email Kyle at classichdmarketing@Gmail.com with your name, phone number, and preferred email or fill out the form below.
Our Learn To Ride team wants to help you on your journey of motorcycling no matter what level of training you need. We have put together options to help guide you to the proper training.
- Learn To Ride: Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Basic Rider Course – 16-hour beginner riding course equipped to teach you the basics. Are you ready to learn how to ride? The course can be completed in 2-3 days and sets you up with the basic skills of riding while teaching you the importance of safety when you finally hit the streets. Training bikes provided or you can bring your own bike. Once you complete and pass this riders safety course you will receive your Class M motorcycle endorsement on site. FREE
Additional Training Options
- Intro to Riding Course – One on one or small group coaching. Not sure if you are up for the full 16-hour riding course? Get a taste to see if you like it while at the same time building your confidence! You will get an introductory course on safety, the basics, and spend a bit of time in the saddle. Training bikes provided. $50/hour
- One Hour DMV Test Prep – Get one hour of professional coaching to prepare you for the DMV Motorcycle Skills Test. Use your own bike $35/hour
- One Hour DMV Test Prep + Bike Rental – Get one hour of professional coaching on our training bikes to prepare you for the DMV Motorcycle Skills Test and we will meet you at the Lancaster DMV with a training bike so you can take your Motorcycle Skills Test. Tuesday – Friday appointments only. $100
Advanced Rider Training (Must have Motorcycle License for Advanced Training):
- Ride Like a Pro PA with Shane Eckert: prices per Shane
- Lock and Lean with Wade Smith: prices per Wade
Download your copy of the PA Motorcycle Operator’s Manual HERE!
Learn To Ride Site Coordinator
To ensure the most up-to-date information on the riding program fill out the form below and join our Learn To Ride communications list or email Kyle at classichdmarketing@Gmail.com with your name, phone number, and preferred email.
For more info call Kyle at 610-916-7801.