Welcome to Learn To Ride, exclusively at Classic Harley-Davidson!
Classic Harley-Davidson has been promoting rider safety by offering a riding program to the community for the last 23 years. In order for Classic Harley-Davidson to offer a free-licensing course, we must have a contract with PennDOT. That contract had been cancelled last year during the pandemic and we are anticipating getting our contract back at the end of July.
The Learn To Ride team has been offering rider training since mid-April and will continue to do so through the end of the season whether we have a contract or not. Without a contract, PennDOT does not fund our program and we are unable to provide a motorcycle license onsite. Students that complete the riding program will have an opportunity to take the motorcycle skills test at the Lancaster DMV to get their motorcycle license on one of our training bikes.
July class registration is currently full. To ensure the most up-to-date information on the riding program, join our Learn To Ride communication list. Email Danielle at DLBAUDER@Gmail.com with your name, phone number, and preferred email.
Our Learn To Ride team wants to help you on your journey of motorcycling no matter what level of training you need. We have put together a menu to help guide you to the proper training option.
- Intro to Riding Course – One on one or small group coaching. Not sure if you are up for the full 16-hour riding course? Get a taste to see if you like it while at the same time building your confidence! You will get an introductory course on safety, the basics, and spend a bit of time in the saddle. Training bikes provided. $50/hour
- Learn To Ride: Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Basic Rider Course – 16-hour beginner riding course equipped to teach you the basics. Are you ready to learn how to ride? The course can be completed in 2-3 days and sets you up with the basic skills of riding while teaching you the importance of safety when you finally hit the streets. Training bikes provided or you can bring your own bike, and tuition includes one scheduled appointment for the Motorcycle Skills Test at the Lancaster DMV, Tuesday – Friday appointments only. $300
- Training Bike Rental – Want to take your test on a smaller bike at the DMV? No coaching included and we will meet you at the Lancaster DMV with a training bike so you can take your Motorcycle Skills Test, Tuesday – Friday appointments only. $75
● One Hour DMV Test Prep – Get one hour of professional coaching to prepare you for the DMV Motorcycle Skills Test. Training bikes provided $50/hour; OR use your own bike $35/hour
- One Hour DMV Test Prep + Bike Rental – Get one hour of professional coaching on our training bikes to prepare you for the DMV Motorcycle Skills Test and we will meet you at the Lancaster DMV with a training bike so you can take your Motorcycle Skills Test. Tuesday – Friday appointments only. $100
Advanced Rider Training (Must have Motorcycle License for Advanced Training):
- Ride Like a Pro PA with Shane Eckert: prices per Shane
- Lock and Lean with Wade Smith: prices per Wade
Download your copy of the Motorcycle Operator’s Manual HERE!
Learn To Ride Program Director
To ensure the most up-to-date information on the riding program fill out the form below and join our Learn To Ride communications list or email Danielle at DLBAUDER@Gmail.com with your name, phone number, and preferred email.
For more info call Danielle at 610-916-7784.